OS X Preferences menu item

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:03:25 EDT 2007

I have to say I feel kind of stupid asking this question, seeing as
how I've been using Rev for a few years now. You'd think I'd already
know the answer to this. :-)

On OS X, is it possible to either remove completely (preferred) or
disable (acceptable) the Preferences menu item in the application's
menu? I know it's possible as far as the OS is concerned cause I've
seen other Mac apps where it's either disabled or completely gone.
But I'm not sure if there's a way to accomplish either of these with
Rev.

I currently have an Edit menu in my app that contains two items, the
last one being Preferences. But the app has no customizable prefs, so
I'd like to remove it if possible. But the closest I've been able to
come is to remove the Edit menu entirely. Doing this gives me a
disabled Preferences item, but I really want to keep my Edit menu. Is
there another way that I'm missing?

Anyone?

Thanks,
Chris