Problems with passworded stacks?

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Sun Apr 8 12:26:30 EDT 2007

I've been working on an application in "splash-stack" form: it's
composed a small stack that will be the executable and several other
stacks, many of them library stacks. The application is coming along
nicely and works fine in the IDE and as a standalone. Recently,
however, there's arisen a need to show it around, and to protect my
scripting investment, the stacks were passworded: and now the
application doesn't work!

Oddly, there are no errors. From what I can tell from its behavior,
messages that should be sent aren't being sent, or aren't being
received. Objects that should move, don't. Perhaps "waits" aren't
waiting, or "do's" aren't doing.

Before I dive into a messy debugging session, I want to ask, are
known issues with passworded stacks, especially in a context of heavy
message-sending? Has anyone else seen this kind of thing?

Using Rev 2.8.0 on MacOS X 10.4.9,

Tereza Snyder

    Califex Software, Inc.
    www.califexsoftware.com