logos and copyrights

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Thu Apr 5 04:46:45 EDT 2007

has anyone come up with a single logo indicating multiplatform (
MacUniversalWinLinSolBsdetc...") or 3-platform ("MWL") applications. I guess
it could emerge in the nearest future as more and more companies and
developers turn multiplatform and putting all the logos of different OS'es
may simply take too much space on CD label, and time to get all the proper
licenses for their usage. "Designed for Windows" is definitely not what i
need, because it is rather "compatible with" or "works on" Windows and seems
like there is no correct alternative...

One of the large companies I know now porting some of its Windows products
to at least Linux and Solaris is ESRI (major GIS software provider - ArcInfo
 ArcView, etc): http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcreader/download.html.
By the way, and this is a different topic, if there are people working with
GIS (Geographical Information Systems) - what comparable alternatives to
ArcInfo (ArcGIS, etc.) are available for Macs ?

All the best
Viktoras