Enable/Disable in Group/Control Weirdness

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Thu Apr 5 04:21:30 EDT 2007

On 4 Apr 2007, at 19:28, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Yep, that's how it works. I use it to advantage in many of my
> projects.

It this feature documented anywhere? I looked at the documentation
and can't seem to find anything that mentions it. Specifically are
there other attributes that get clobbered when you do something to
the group?

> If you want to disable some controls in a previously enabled group,
> use the
> disable command.
>
> So:
>
> enable grp "fred"
> disable btn "go to bed"

That's ok in this simple case but when you have lots of controls in a
side it gets old pretty quickly. I really can't see this behavior as
being desirable, nor can I see the sense in doing it this way. What
is the rational behind it?

All the Best
Dave