Revolution, MySQL vs FileMaker

Lynn Fredricks lynn at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Sep 29 22:45:09 EDT 2006

> In general there are (IMHO) two free uses of mySQL: (1)
> distributing a fully GPL-compliant application, and (2)
> accessing a mySQL DB at an ISP via browser-based input (or
> the equivalent), so that the drivers and database are fully
> in the hands of the ISP and there's nothing for you to "distribute".
>
> I may be wrong, but this is my understanding of the licensing
> arrangements.

Im not sure #1 doesn't have additional strings attached, but that's been my
read. However #2 is my understanding as well, allowing jo blow to set up
Wordpress, Joomla and other goodies without worry.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network
http://www.paradigmasoft.com