Revolution, MySQL vs FileMaker

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Sep 29 22:49:40 EDT 2006

> D) Note, that commercial license do not say that IF you use
> driver but store db on some ISP host you get it for free.
> Commercial license says: IF your non-GPL app uses driver -
> you must pay. Point.

Yes, this is how dreamhost lets you have all those nice apps - like Ken
said, you don't lay your hands on much of anything.

> P.S. (sorry for kind of advertise, which I consider as information):
>
> Valentina have quite REVERSE nature of license for Valentina
> Embedded Server that was designed specially for Application
> Developers.

And there you have it - the Valentina license was designed to compete with
mySQL :-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software, Inc

Joining Worlds of Information

Deploy True Client-Server Database Solutions
Royalty Free with Valentina Developer Network
http://www.paradigmasoft.com