Progresss while executing AppleScript

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Tue Sep 26 11:31:33 EDT 2006

>Not that I've been able to find. Even the syntax:
>
>send "theHandlerName" to this stack in 1 millisecond
>
>doesn't stop the AppleScript blocking the whole app.
>
>The only workaround I can think of is to have a second "helper app"
>with no GUI which you use to handle all the AS functions in the
>background, but this gets a bit over-complex.
>
>Ian

The problem with this is that I have to use a more complex approach
to figure out WHEN the Applescript has finished execution.

It is easier if my app blocked during the execution, but I bring up a
GUI app that shows the passage of time (but not progress) while the
Applescript is executing. Once the Applescript is done, I can make
that other app to quit via AppleEvents.

Jesse