about Galaxy

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Sep 25 16:15:12 EDT 2006

On 9/25/06, Jerry Daniels <jerry at daniels-mara.com> wrote:
> I see no reason to discriminate against Altuit Software just because
> it's developed it on Windows and I use a Mac and Windows! Maybe I
> should. Chipp brings up an excellent point. I think we should
> consider it. <GRIN>

Ouch. What a hurtful thing to say. And after I said so many nice
things about you and your product. Perhaps you should reread my post?

If I've said something to hurt your feelings. I am sorry.

The fact is earlier versions of Galaxy just didn''t work for me. I
much preferred the 'plugin' approach of the Constellation suite of
tools. This certainly doesn't preclude future versions of Galaxy
working.

For the record, I have a history of being a big supporter of Daniels &
Mara tools, including giving you ringing endorsements, helping you
with your marketing, featuring your products in Dan Shafer's and my
RevCentral newsletters, as well as inviting you to speak at our
conferences. I'm not sure what provoked your mean-spirited comments.

And please don't say you're only kidding. Passive agresssive comments
like yours can't be 'undone' wiith the <GRIN> tag.

The fact is, all of our C code externals ARE programmed on the native
platforms for which they are delivered.

My quote "I respectfully disagree with your respectful disagreement"
was targeted at Mark Wieder, and the message was focussing my belief
that Rev should provide a reasonable standard 'out-of-the-box' user
experiences w/out having to rely on 3rd party tools-- be them Galaxy
or any of Altuit's add-ons. Currently, that is not the case with the
state of the existing Script Editor.

best regards,

Chipp