TemplateGroup Investigation

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Sep 24 01:53:58 EDT 2006

On 9/23/06 8:09 PM, "Cal Horner" <calhorner at xtra.Co.NZ> wrote:

> Does anyone out there actually use the templateGroup feature?
>
> After digging through Documentation as far back as 2.2.
>
> I then looked through the forums and individual sites I can't find any one
> that is using it.
>
> Perhaps you have used it and found it to be too difficult or time consuming?

Actually I think it is because unlike other objects, that one can create
with "create <object>", I would guess that people figured that you could
only get the benefits of the templateGroup by using "create group" - which
no one does (AFAIK), and I never do.

However after testing, it turns out that the templateGroup properties apply
to groups created by selecting existing objects and grouping them, so it has
more usefulness than I originally expected. Perhaps that's the same reason
everyone else has...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/