beepPitch

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 24 01:26:09 EDT 2006

Luis wrote:
 > Hiya,
 >
 > Ok, what I want to be able to do is control which speaker the sound is
 > coming from and be able to change the frequency ('pitch') of the
 > generated tone/note.

Well, that's tricky, as Rev doesn't currently support direct creation of
  pitch variations. If you only need a few different pitches, then the
easiest thing is to pre-record them and use a player object to play them
back. You could control the playback via the QT external (which I wasn't
aware had panning control until we both read it here. That's cool.)

But if you need dynamic pitch variation created on the fly, then I guess
you were correct from the beginning and you should write MIDI files to
disk. You could use one of the MIDI generator stacks for guidance, and
study the scripts to see how it is done. Write your MIDI instructions to
a text file, immediately set a player's filename to the path to that
text file, and then use the QT external to control playback. It's a
hack, but if you can write the MIDI files it should work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com