How do I make a background field?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Sep 22 12:30:05 EDT 2006

James,

"Backgrounds" are a much different beast in Revolution than in
HyperCard and SuperCard. They're a bit harder to grasp conceptually,
but once you do, you'll find them much more powerful and flexible.
They are folded into the concept of groups, so you'll want to find
out all you want about groups, especially the backgroundBehavior
property.

I put together some notes about Rev groups for the students in my
beginning Rev programming class. You can read them at:

http://revolution.byu.edu/groups/Groups.html

See also the discussion on Object Hierarchy and the Message Path in:

http://revolution.byu.edu/scripts/ScriptsCont.html

Hope you find them useful.

Welcome to the Revolution!

Devin

On Sep 22, 2006, at 8:51 AM, James Z wrote:

> I'm a newbie here coming from SuperCard. I want to make a
> background field,
> assuming that it  works like   in SuperCard;    each time you add
> a    card
> you get a background field where new data is associated with the
> new card.
>
> But I can't see where to make a background field and more
> important, where
> do I find this information in help?
>
> James Z

Devin Asay