revTempBody

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Sep 21 16:45:04 EDT 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 4:54 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> When I "print" on Mac OS X and save the file as PDF instead of
> actually printing, a default name revTempBody is entered in the
> Save As file dialog. Any ideas on how to change this? I would like
> this to be Untitled.pdf.

Sarah had this problem not long ago (see bug 3806) and after
discussion with Jacque and me came up with this:

> Here is a script:
>
> on setPrintTitle pName
>    if there is a stack "revTempBody" then
>        set the label of stack "revTempBody" to pName
>    else
>        set the label of the templatestack to pName
>    end if
> end setPrintTitle
>
> Just call this before doing a revPrintText or revPrintField and your
> PDF or preview will have the title you set.

Printing on Rev takes on the name of the stack as the name of the
print job.  In some contexts (maybe yours) there are extraneous
quotes around that.

Sarah's particular situation was the preview, so you might run across
other interesting features in file saving.

Dar