beepPitch

Luis luis at anachreon.co.uk
Fri Sep 22 12:08:25 EDT 2006

Ok, now I'm stuck...

Having found EnhancedQT to bypass MIDI for the speaker control (panning)
I was hoping the beep command would sort me out on the pitch side of
things, but it looks like I'll have to go back to MIDI after all!

Unless there's something else out there...

So, the OS X (Unix variety) doesn't support this?

And, looking at revSetSpeechPitch DOES allow a pitch change (ok, so it's
not a beep... but still!).

Found this Googling beep, pitch and terminal:
'As of Linux 1.3.43, Martin Mares added the ability to configure the
pitch and duration of the beep, by modifying console.c'

So that's been around for a while.

A bit messy having to modify console.c. Looking at the man page for beep
on OS X doesn't mention pitch.

Actually, is the beep Rev a call to the Terminal beep?

Cheers,

Luis.