beepPitch

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Sep 22 11:52:16 EDT 2006

Luis wrote:
> Ok, I'm really confused here. I'm trying to mess with the sound system
> in Rev, so I look at the 'beep' command. I find that I can alter the
> pitch for the 'beep', or can I?
>
> Here's a snippet from the Dictionary for the 'beepPitch' command:
>
> 'The beepPitch has no effect and does not report a meaningful value on
> Mac OS or Windows systems, and on some Unix systems which don't allow
> changing the beep pitch.'
>
> Yet it gives plenty of details on its settings... So, do they mean you
> might as well spit into the wind?
>
> Sooooo, can I or can't I? (apols, I'm in the office and can't experiment
> with the speakers). I mean, if I couldn't it'd say it wasn't supported,
> right? (Like some of the old MC commands I've seen in there).

Remember that Revolution will run on many different platforms. What the
dictionary means is that Mac and Windows OS do not support changing the
beep pitch, and only some Unix varieties support it. On those Unix
flavors that do support it, the commands will work. If you are not
writing for a Unix OS that supports changing the beep pitch, then you
should ignore this command.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com