zero-width column boundaries?

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Wed Sep 20 18:52:42 EDT 2006

Assuming that I've understood the problem, putting this into the
script of the field concerned might work:

on setMaxTab
   lock screen
   put the text of me into savedText
   repeat for each line L in savedText
     if L contains tab then put L & tab after tabData
   end repeat
   put tabData into me
   put 0 into tMaxWidth
   repeat with n = 1 to the number of words in me
     get the formattedWidth of word n of me
     put max(it,tMaxWidth) into tMaxWidth
   end repeat
   set the tabStops of me to tMaxWidth + 6 -- or whatever suits
   put savedText into me
end setMaxTab

best,

Mark