simple mailto hack (Re: Digest Reply Link)

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Tue Sep 19 06:51:49 EDT 2006

On 18 Sep 2006, at 17:35, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Each individual message in a MIME
> digest includes a Content-Type header identifying it as type
> "message/rfc822" and "MIME-Version 1.0". The headers of the individual
> message are not changed, allowing mail reader client apps to function
> as they normally would for single messages. All the header information
> *is* in the digest already - it's up to client apps to handle it
> properly. If it didn't work this way I'd never be able to put up with
> digest mode.
>
> Check section 5.1.5 (Digest Subtype) of rfc 2046:
>
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2046.txt

Not here it ain't. Here is a typical raw source header from within
the digest as received by me:

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:53:55 -0700
From: Devin Asay <devin_asay at byu.edu>
Subject: Re: Folder permissions question
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>

So, my (probably inadequate anyway) mail client - Mac Mail - can't do
anything unassisted.

Sad, because I'm always doing the copy/paste routine described by the
originator of this thread.

Graham