XP Home vs. Pro vs. Embedded

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Sep 16 15:12:18 EDT 2006

Chipp-

Saturday, September 16, 2006, 3:46:48 AM, you wrote:

> Hmmm. I'm not sure I follow you. I guess it is an issue of what you
> want to use rdp for. I typically want to logon to a computer at home
> or one of my servers. Both VNC and LogMeIn work well for that. I'm not
> wanting to 'share a screen' with another, just remotely control
> another machine--- that's what I use it for.

I use rdp for remote admin tasks. For many things vnc would do the
job, as long as the vnc server is running on the target machine or I
can talk the user through launching it. If I run into a permissions
problem (the user is not an admin and I need to install a package)
then there's no substitute for rdp. For the full Windows server rdp
you can have multiple simultaneous logins, each with their own memory
space.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net