Salon.com Article Bemoans Demise of Line Programming (BASIC)

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 02:29:13 EDT 2006

I disagree completely with the assessment of JavaScript here (from Mr.
Gaskin). Not only do I think JS is a pretty good language -- maybe even a
great one -- and not only does it seem to me to be true that a lot of great
productivity enhancers have been done in and to it, but JS pales in
comparison with Java as a pure productivity drain.