XP Home vs. Pro vs. Embedded

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Sep 15 14:57:56 EDT 2006

chipp-

Friday, September 15, 2006, 10:49:03 AM, you wrote:

> Someone's already mentioned VNC, another one which I really like is
> LogMeIn.com.

Yes, but... they're *not* rdp replacements, for the reasons I've
already mentioned. They're great at what they do, and the vnc protocol
is completely cross-platform, but they don't allow for remote logins
without running into the mousewar situations that accompany screen
sharing. To be fair, the single-user rdp server built into XP pro has
some limitations as well, but it's quite a different beast from the
screen-sharing apps.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net