Windows newbie Qs (this time with questions)

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 08:39:41 EDT 2006

Ah, the terrors of hitting 'send' instead of 'save'...

=====================================

I'm finally doing a 'proper' Windows app and have a few questions:

1) Normal preference file location - specialFolderPath(26) and then a
new folder with the name of the app?

2) "Do you really want to run this horrendously dangerous app from an
unknown source?"  At the moment I'm not so bothered about sorting out
a proper digital signature, but how do you get something other than
'Unknown Publisher' to appear in the dialog box?

3) Opening a specific folder in Windows Explorer - on  Mac I use a
small AppleScript, on Windows I assume this is going to invlove a
shell script?

That's all for now,

Ian Wood