WMV play on 2.7.3

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Sep 7 07:42:32 EDT 2006

Hi sims,

> I've been using 'dontuseQT' and then playing wmv video in a player
> object
> with 2.6.1 on Windows  without any problems.
>
> When I try the very same files with Rev 2.7.3 (after saving them as
> 2.7.3 files)  the wmv video displays an error
> right after the video loads in the player (I can see the first
> frame of the video).
> I get a Microsoft error and then the app quits when I dismiss the
> error message.
>
> Are there any known issues playing wmv video with a player object
> in Rev 2.7.3?

just tested with an MP4 video file that has ugly colors when played
in QT Player,
but looked fine in WMP. Prtobably encoded with an MS own MP4 codec,
luv it!

The same ugly colors in Rev!
Then i did:

1. Quit Rev
2. Restarted Rev.
3. Immediately "set the dontuseqt to true" in the MSG
4. Created a new player and set its filename to the above
mentioned MP4 file
5. Nothing happend :-/, not even an image appeared
6. Set the filename to an MPG (1) file
7. Rev crashed

Then did the same with MetaCard:

1. Quit MC
2. Restarted MC.
3. Immediately "set the dontuseqt to true" in the MSG
4. Created a new player and set its filename to the above
mentioned MP4 file
5. File played with ugly colors as mentioned above :-/
6. Just for fun set the controller to true (QT specific feature!)
7. QT (sic!) CONTROLLER appeared!!!!!
8. Big fun :-/

Looks like there is something wrong with "set the dontuseqt to true".
I did not try to check the qtversion, but according to godzilla this
is still
not fixed.

Well...

Hope they will support Windows Media in the next version!

> ciao,
> sims
>
> European Rev Conference  2006
> www.techietours.com