RR Forums

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Sep 7 00:11:38 EDT 2006

Agree: wiki better than forums for where we are now

why?

1) more integrated and yet at the same time
2) more flexible.
3) could generate a huge dynamic for collaborative
"open source" projects built on a Rev backbone in a way
that is not possible either via mailing lists or forums.

But we keep the mailing list! Until such time as the wiki
proved it to be no longer required to meet the "user requirements"

The wiki we use in house:

www.pmwiki.org

has feature(s) or "cookbook recipes" that meet nearly every expectation
voiced so far.

and, if built well,  you can avoid the wiki "chaos" stigma ("just
confuses folks")
or be a burden to maintain. I mean, if you are going to moderate every post
of any system, it's the same over head.

skts