Remote Desktop issues with RR

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Sep 5 18:18:23 EDT 2006

On Sep 5, 2006, at 3:05 PM, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:

> I have confirmed that standalone apps created with Revolution (all
> versions including 2.7.3) do not render the display correctly when
> using
> Remote Desktop. All field backgrounds and most images turn completely
> black.
>
> The same behavior occurs when connected to a Windows PC using the
> free Mac
> OS X client for Remote Desktop.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/otherproducts/otherproducts.aspx?
> pid=remotedesktopclient
>
> I have to run applications remotely all the time, and this bug
> prevents my
> Rev applications from displaying like normal Windows applications. Has
> anyone else seen this and considers it to be a serious problem?

I have experienced the same problem.  There is a bug on the issue I
believe.  What is interesting is that if you start the app on the
Windows computer while logged in at the computer itself and then
connect using RDC with the app already running, everything looks fine.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
trevor at bluemangolearning.com