RR Forums

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Tue Sep 5 09:27:02 EDT 2006

At 7:19 AM -0700 9/4/06, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>The current forum is apparently still being set up.  For example,
>unlike most product forums out there, it's not possible to even read
>the posts at the Rev forum until after you've submitted your
>personal data and wait to have it human-verified.  The readers there
>have overwhelmingly favored adhering to traditional convention by at
>least allowing read access for guests, so it seems reasonable
>that'll be set up as the system gets fleshed out.  Adding an email
>interface would seem almost as simple to set up as the system moves
>toward completion.

I can verify this.  I signed up the other day, and am still awaiting
my "human verification" part.  I was curious about the forum
dedicated to adventure gaming, as that is my current project.  I have
no idea if the forum even has activity.  But it seemed worth looking
into.

At 7:19 AM -0700 9/4/06, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>But even when the email interface is added, it would be incomplete
>without also including the knowledge base that this community has
>created here over the years.  Perhaps the most empowering part of
>the Rev community is being able to drop into a search of this list's
>archives and know that I can find almost any answer to any topic,
>algorithms for every need, valuable code snippets, tips and tricks
>for working with the IDE, etc.

The archives are a godsend.  I often look there for answers.  So I
echo your sentiments :-)

Breakfast is ready, must go....
Shari
--