drag stack window

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Sep 4 12:25:05 EDT 2006

Recently, Rob Cozens wrote:

>> If window shape is set to graphics (with no title bar and controls shown)
>> how do we make the window dragable, so it can be dragged around the desktop?
>
> An alternative to Klaus' solution:
>
> on mouseMove -- 26 Mar 06:RCC
>    if the mouse is up then exit mouseMove
>    set the loc of this stack to the ScreenMouseLoc
> end mouseMove

It may not be the best idea to poll the state of the mouse.  In the past,
this practice was deemed to be inefficient by the creators of the engine,
but more so, the mouseUp message was sometimes missed, especially is
fast-click situations. Thus Klaus's method of setting a variable state is
usually the preferred method.  Of course your mileage may vary.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design