How do I hide the menubar on OSX after starting an application like iTunes?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 17:01:46 EST 2006

On 11/29/06 11:28 AM, "William de Smet" <wdesmet at wanadoo.nl> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I made a stack which hides, on startup,  the menubar (and Dock) on OS X.
> On the stack there is just one button that starts iTunes.
> After starting iTunes the menubar and Dock are visible again till I quit
> iTunes.
>
> Is there a way to hide the dock and menubar after iTunes started?

My guess is that you could use applescript to tell the system to set the
dock hiding to true.

If you don't need to see the iTunes library window then tell iTunes app to
hide

IF you need to see iTunes library window but not the menu, you will likely
need to tell Rev to activate, hide menu, then the stack could go invisible
or off screen.

If you want to make it pretty, then tell iTunes to show the
visualizer(cmd-T) , full screen (cmd-F), which takes over the screen.. no
menu, no dock.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas