Revolution and the Web, feedback wanted, Part 1 of 3

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 28 01:36:21 EST 2006

Andre wrote:
> thanks for the repost, I should have done that in the first case.

I had no idea there was a size limit to posts; I'm surprised I hadn't
run up against that myself yet. :)

> Did you read it, do you have any feedback?

Of course I like it.  A lot.  Your thorough, disciplined thinking goes
far beyond my modest SVG layout experiments, to incorporate messaging
and other elements of interactivity in a manner integrated with layout
mechanics and storage for a cohesive development methodology.

I absolutely love this metaphor:

    There are more helicopters in the bottom of the sea
    than submarines in the sky.

In your summary essay you've managed to articulate something that was at
the edges of my consciousness, a hunch about how things might be made to
work to solve real-world web-deployment needs while still enjoying the
benefits of crafting in Rev, a way of thinking about this problem that
previously for me had no concrete form nor name.

Perhaps we can now call it The Andre Method. :)

And perhaps we can now get to work.

The good and bad news on my side is that, in spite of how excited I am
by the clarity you've lent to this thus far, I'm up to my armpits in
desktop apps for the next several months, so at most all I can offer is
some cheerleading from the sidelines and maybe a function or two now and
then.

Maybe one good way to get the ball rolling to see these ideas become
tangible goodies would be to build an example first.  Maybe a decent
first example might be a web site to manage the project?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal