Where Rev could be going...3D?

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Wed Nov 22 15:38:31 EST 2006

Hi all,

> Is anything constructive going on between Revolution Ltd and iGame3D or just
> silence?..

once again, this kind of discussion is a blatant demonstration of the kind of dead-end
the Rev community  is "trapped" into (yes, I'm using these "strong" words on
purpose) : waiting endlessly for things to happen in many domains...

and once again, it's a plea for a (more or less) radical change in Rev, to a more open
structure that allows independent coders to add functions and language elements to
the engine... If that was the case, we would have had such sophisticated tools as
antialiased vector graphics and 3D graphics (both can be handled by one single
interface to openGL), pdf conversion, etc etc

I for one was deep into interfacing Rev with openGL circa 2003-2004 and could
have spent several weeks (or even months) on such a Rev enhancement...
and I know I'm not the only one on this list...

too bad all the time spent ranting on this list about Rev missing features can't be
used to code those features instead...

JB