OT Email Well-Formed Checkers

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Nov 19 14:38:17 EST 2006

OK, things are getting out of hand on some web UI's with garbage entry
by bots, silly users or
malcontents, who knows.. even the "enter twice" seems to be
handled now by Artificial Hackers Anonymous.

So I'm thinking we need to upgrade our small scripts we use to
check on well formed email addresses.
Of course the "ultimate" is to email them and wait for
response, I want to avoid that layer for now.

So: to everyone and anyone: can you post your well-formed email check
functions that
  you use in your CGI's  here? I have one, but it's like 8 years old.

Ken, "Master of RegEx"  you must have something, n'est ce pas?

Thanks

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com