Programing style

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Fri Nov 17 11:51:35 EST 2006

On Nov 17, 2006, at 12:43 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

> The syntax identifies properties, so why give them a special prefix?

I use "u" before my custom property names to distinguish them from
built-in properties for several reasons. First, I won't be bollixed
when new properties are added to the built-in properties that happen
to collide with my well-thought out property name; second, it draws
the distinction succinctly in the script between a property that's
meaningful for the task and those pertaining only to the GUI; and
third, I can help myself avoid runtime errors because typing "put xxx
into uYYY" throws a terezaSyntaxError.

Tereza Snyder

    Califex Software, Inc.
    www.califexsoftware.com