Where Rev could be going...

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Sun Nov 19 03:25:37 EST 2006

Dave,

> Dan,  I don't think this is correct.
>
> Each call to a Rev CGI on a server will start a new instance of the
> Rev engine. Many instances can be running at the same time, and
> whichever completes first will return first.

I confirm this. AFAIR this has been described several times over the
years on this list.

Again, to cause noticeable slowness of server response, it takes a
large number of clients to hit the server almost at the same time, so
that many instances of Rev cgi need to run simultaneously.
And since Rev cgi is incredibly fast, the probability for that to happen
is quite slim... BTW I've always had the impression that the Rev
engine alone (without the GUI functions) was even faster...

The only time when I noticed that a Rev script was slowing down
was when it includes calls to PHP scripts...

JB