UDP question

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 11:59:40 EST 2006

On 11/10/06 7:50 AM, "Andre Garzia" <soapdog at mac.com> wrote:

> My packet size is 576 chars, I've also used 8k and 2k sizes, the
> client is able to send those fine and they arrive intact, but from
> server to the client I can't seem able to communicate.

Part of the answer may lie in your router/ip configuration, but I am sure
you are aware of sockets and connections in general.

When I went through my setup ( I use UDP every day btween apps and
computers), I used the two stacks by Alex Tweedly to test and debug all of
my apps.

Do you have the
UDP Echo Client and
UDP Echo server?

The idea is to run the Echo Client and Server, then reverse and make the
computers the opposite, therefore testing packets both scenarios to find the
gotchas.

If not, they are available in the User Spaces   alextweedly

I believe UDP broadcast needs to know the ip addresses of the recipients,
which is the way I set it up.

Let me know if you have any questions or need someone to help ping and debug
from here.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas