Clipboard Anomally [BUG]?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Nov 10 02:14:44 EST 2006

On 11/9/06, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> Speaking of clipboards, I'm having some trouble in Windows. I found that
> if I have something on the clipboard and then I do some other action in
> the OS -- like launching an application -- the clipboard gets emptied.
> For example, I had some text on the clipboard, then I launched Rev,
> opened a stack, and tried to paste and the clipboard was gone. I thought
> it was a Rev bug, but when I repeated the experiment and opened Notepad
> instead, the same thing happened. But if both apps were already running,
> then the clipboard transfered over as long as I didn't do anything else
> in between. What makes that happen, and is there a workaround?

Hi Jacque,
Actually, I find copy/paste clipboard issues always occur when launching
Rev. Rev seems to always start with a clear clipboard on XP. I don't have
the same problem with copy/paste text in other apps. I do have problems
copy/paste images to Photoshop on occassion, but there is a registry hack
for it.

best,
Chipp