Clipboard Anomally [BUG]?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Nov 10 00:54:08 EST 2006

Chipp Walters wrote:
> If you cannot paste via the menu, then perhaps you can put in the msg
> box:
>
> put the clipboarddata["text"]  (I think that's the correct syntax)
>
> and see if the data is even on the clipboard at all.

Speaking of clipboards, I'm having some trouble in Windows. I found that
if I have something on the clipboard and then I do some other action in
the OS -- like launching an application -- the clipboard gets emptied.
For example, I had some text on the clipboard, then I launched Rev,
opened a stack, and tried to paste and the clipboard was gone. I thought
it was a Rev bug, but when I repeated the experiment and opened Notepad
instead, the same thing happened. But if both apps were already running,
then the clipboard transfered over as long as I didn't do anything else
in between. What makes that happen, and is there a workaround?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com