Go Next Card Sluggish in2.7.4?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Nov 7 05:34:17 EST 2006

I have a little dBase in a stack with about 900 cards, each card has 40
fields.
one field in the cards has a fair bit of text data. Still stack file
size on disk is only 5.8 megs
Not really that big. I've got plenty of RAM and plenty disk space.
I've put together stacks that run to 15 megabytes in size and
under previous versions they ran very fast.

But under 2.7.4  a button

On mouseup
  go next card
end mouseup

throws a busy icon, after a bit of time, the next card is presented.
  I have arrows set to navigate... if I hit the right arrow, or cmd-3 in the
IDE I get the same sluggishness.

Is this symptomatic of the 2.7.4 "cumbersome IDE" that some have
complained about? I'm not trapping the go next card msg
and no other handlers are being triggered...

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/