User Interface Font Sizes

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 3 04:44:12 EST 2006

How does Revolution pick which fonts it uses for the user interface and how
does one change them?

For example, if I look at the reference documentation - dictionary, it is
displaying on my screen with font size 6 or so.  Maybe less.  Just about
readable with an effort, but needs reading glasses to avoid squints.  Very
uncomfortable - unusable in fact.  It is just the Revolution fonts that are
this way.  The title bar is perfectly normal and is set by Gnome.  If I go
into the gnome font control, and change the dpi settings, these just affect
the title bar fonts.  The Revolution stuff stays the same.

This is on Linux, evidently.  I have tried two distros, Mandriva 2006 and also
a new install of Debian Etch, on different hardware.  At the helpful
suggestion of support I've also tried installing xfs - and took associated
files along with that, to no effect.

The effect is confined entirely to Revolution.  No other app does anything
like it, whether they are Gnome or KDE.  For instance, Knoda, Rekall,
RealBasic, Kexi.  The mail and web apps look fine.

It surely must be possible to change this, but I cannot see anyplace in the
preferences or anywhere else to do it.

Grateful for any suggestions!

Peter