rev~ file extension ?

andreas andreas at medone.ch
Fri Nov 3 02:19:30 EST 2006

Hello

in short: does someone know what the file extension  "rev~ "
means?

I have the strange feeling that this file crashes my application.

I have a setup with a main stack on several client computers and
a storage file for pupil results on a Windows 2003 server.

This client server solution works well in a Macintosh environment.
However, in above setup it crashes.
When I look into the server 2003 files, there are two files:
pupilresults.rev
and
pupilresults.rev~

I believe that Runrev catches the wrong file, because both
have the same filename - except the extension.

Any hints are greatly welcome!

Kind regards

Andreas Stämpfli