formatting data

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 22:19:27 EST 2006

I get it, you have designed a table with a field as each cell.

Part of the catch to this is that you have to rely on the naming scheme of
the cells (fields) to get the data.  the following will construct all the
possible names of the cell-fields and load the values into the proper place
in the output, then remove the empty lines.

I am leaving the commas in so you can view the empty cells, if any.

on testt
   put empty
  put the number of fields into maxx
  repeat with cc = 1 to maxx
    repeat with rr = 1 to maxx
      if there is a fld ("c"&cc&"r"&rr) then
        put fld ("c"&cc&"r"&rr) into item cc of line rr of combinedValues
        put cc && rr & cr after msg
      end if
    end repeat
  end repeat

  filter combinedValues without empty
  put combinedValues after msg

  --replace comma with space in combinedValues
  --put combinedValues into fld combinedOutput

end testt

Modify this to suit your needs.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas