Linux and AudioClips

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sun May 28 11:01:00 EDT 2006

I run a small EFL school in Bulgaria with Pentium 3s running Ubuntu and using RR programs made by myself. These programs use externally referenced AIFF files which were slowed down (!!!) to half-speed on MAC so that they play 'normally' with RR in Ubuntu.

This was the final situation I arrived at after a hell of a lot of false starts with sound, RR and Linux: not least the quite considerable abuse I recieved on the Ubuntu use-lists when I suggested that AIFF files had to be slowed down to half speed.

Embedded AIFF files also have to be slowed down.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
                                       Mathewson, 2006