First record status inconsistent using SQLite

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Sat May 27 11:24:33 EDT 2006

On May 26, 2006, at 10:21 PM, David Vaughan wrote:

> On 27/05/2006, at 12:30, Kay C Lan wrote:
>> ...BUT once you move
>> away from these, moving back to them using 'previous' or 'next'
>> will not
>> result in them be recognised, you need to try an move past them, then
>> they'll be recognised.
>
> I recognise it but it leaves me thinking that the old names
> "revdb_isbof" and "revdb_iseof" were more accurate descriptors than
> the new synonyms"revCurrentRecordIsFirst" or
> "revCurrentRecordIsLast". They could be changed to
> "revNoPreviousRecord" and "revNoNextRecord" when they would fit
> their dictionary descriptions. I will BugZilla it but somehow I do
> not see this piece of documentation semantics hitting a high on
> their ToDo list. It will just have to be rediscovered by new users
> as they reach it.

OTOH, documentation errors are easy to fix. I recently stumbled
across a minor doco error in one of the revDB functions and submitted
it to BZ. Lo and behold it showed up as fixed in the next 2.7.x
release. You should submit it for sure. I would even vote for it
because I've run into this before and was puzzled until I figured out
what was going on.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University