The ssl library again

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri May 26 02:54:21 EDT 2006

On 26 May 2006, at 03:10, Mark Smith wrote:

> Dave, thanks for the response.
>
> On 25 May 2006, at 23:38, Dave Cragg wrote:
>
>> Mark, what OS and version are you using?
> I'm on 10.4.6 (G4 Powerbook). Rev 2.7.1
>

>> The timeout frequency seems to vary by url.
> For the service I'm trying to access, curl returns almost
> immediately every time, which is why I suspect something is amiss
> with the ssl & encryption lib.
>
> The wsdl for the service I'm trying to access is:
>
> https://api.betfair.com/betex-api-public-ws/v2/BFService.wsdl

I'm able to get the data about 50% of tries. It almost seems that it
works on every second attempt. I thought this might be significant,
as the service leaves the connection open, so libUrl was re-using the
same connection for subsequent attempts, and these were generally
failing. It would then use a new connection for the next attempt, and
these generally succeed. But there are exceptions to the pattern, so
I don't think it is significant.

I'll try and test again later if I have access to an older version of
OS X.

Dave