Delete item won't work in Repeat for each loop

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Wed May 24 18:18:27 EDT 2006

On 25/05/2006, at 7:52, Ian McKnight wrote:

> I think I see whats happening. I'm not altering the original data in
> theImportedData variable rarther the copy of the data thats in the
> loop variable. So unless I store this -- I lose it.

In fact, if you do alter importedData itself rather then theRecord in
your Repeat For Each loop then the loop will either crash or corrupt
importedData because the loop pointers will be out of sync with the
data through which it is stepping. RFE is a very different beast from
a standard i = j to k loop.

regards
David