Integrate a window in revolution.

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed May 24 13:15:18 EDT 2006

Damien,

You need to be more specific with your questions to get the best help.

If you are on a Macintosh computer then the answer is Yes just about
every application can be controlled to some degree within Revolution
using the do as applescript command. Also applications that do not
have this ability or the aspect you are looking for builtin can still
be controlled using "system events" and also Automator.

Now if you are on a Windows computer then the answer is Maybe since
you can use VBscript to control an application IF it has a COM object
for it. But I am afraid that I don't know if applications on Windows
that don't have COM objects can be controlled or if there is an
equivalent to the "system events" and Automator for Windows.

I don't know enough about Linux to give this answer.

Since most things can be done from within Revolution then the answer
is to start there and see what Rev can do with the file/document etc.
then look at the other solutions next and finally you can always
write or hire some one to write and external etc. for what you want
to do or search if one already exists.

For example:

If you wanted to display a web page you could try to control a
browser from outside of Rev but altBrowser by Altuit already exists
and is an excellent tool. But what if you just wanted to provide a
link then you could still have Rev go to that URL, very simple. Now
however if you wanted to fill in the fields on a page then you might
need to dig deeper to get that done.

It is all dependent on what you really want to do and what you can
live with and if you want to spend money to get it done.

The most general answer is "Anything can be done, but are you willing
to put the resources into it?"

HTHs

Tom