S-L-O-W text entry

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed May 24 00:50:23 EDT 2006

On 5/24/06, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:

> But I just happened to think,
> maybe it has something to do with text antialiasing. Has anyone
> experimented with that system preference? Does changing it make a
> difference?

I don't see it either* although my machine is twice as fast as Joe's.

As far as antialiasing is concerned I've always set "Turn off text smoothing
for font sizes 12 and smaller" Apart from Headings I pretty well always use
size 10 ± 1.

*The only time I get slow text entry in the Rev Script Editor is on lines
that contain A LOT of text - 256 chars or more - I don't use line wrap. But
this is ONLY on that line. Any other 'normal' line is fine.

Sorry I could't be of more help:-|

P.S. Oh, and Tim mentioned OWC, which coincidently were just mentioned on my
local MUG forum. I give them two thumbs up, as did all the other posters.