incomprehensible bug!? (from an idea of: passing parameters in a send call)

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Tue May 23 12:12:06 EDT 2006

your use of stripping the returns from base64Encode is clever. I
thought of that but wasn't sure how much one could mess with the
format once encoded.

However URLEncoding is great for one-line-packing HTML snippets in
scripts, which otherwise would require extra steps with base64Encode.

In my suggestions of encoding, I'm assuming moderate snippets of text
rather than volumes are being moved this way, and the extra
processing needed is minimal and invisible.

It's fast enough that I'm using packing/unpacking techniques like
this to create a list on-the-fly and set the text of a popup button
on mousedown, and it shows up in the popup menu.

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o