date anomalies when converting to seconds

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Mon May 22 14:58:01 EDT 2006

On May 22, 2006, at 12:30 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

> The dates I'm dealing with are entered by the user.

The bad news is that 'convert' has side effects.  It looks at system
data and will modify the seconds clock and the time on some platforms
and in some conditions.

Paranoids build their own for delivered scripts.

I think it is reasonable to ask RunRev for a pure function and to
depreciate use of convert.  The pure function should have exactly the
same results on all platforms.

Dar Scott