What elements are used for writing reports?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon May 22 13:46:14 EDT 2006

--- David ResSeguie <sundance at efn.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I used 9to5 Hypercard Reports™ for many years, but
> like so much in the
> Hypercard world, they are gone. What scripting
> elements are available
> in Transcript to create reports and spreadsheet-like
> views?
> Thanks
> David

Hi David,

For spreadsheet-like views, you can try the built-in
table field control. In its current form, it isn't
perfect, but it might be just the ticket for what you
need at this point.
An alternative is to download the free table and graph
controls by Kenneth L. Simons, from the URL:
<http://www.rpi.edu/~simonk/technical.html>

When it comes to reporting, I encourage you to
download Quartam Reports for Revolution, review the
samples and see if it fits the bill.
Modeled after traditional report systems like
available in FoxPro, FileMaker and Access, it takes a
different approach from 9-to-5 Reports/Reports Data
Pro for HyperCard.
If you've used the reporting features of the databases
I mùentioned above, you'll feel right at home. If not,
once you get the hang of it, I'm sure you'll
appreciate the flexibility this approach brings.

As its author, I'm available by email if you have any
questions or suggestions - they may not get
incorporated right away, but it helps to shape the
product in the future.
If you purchase a copy now, you get a free upgrade to
version 1.1, which is currently in beta and will be
available shortly.

Also, I'll be presenting a session at RevConWest
abgout complex reports - don't worry, it won't be just
a sales pitch for my own tools, as I'll be exploring
the wealth of options you have at your disposal, to
create various types of reports using Revolution.
For more information on the upcoming Revolution
Conference, visit:
<http://www.recvonwest.com>

Best regards,

Jan Schenkel.