near-real-time communication between an app in NY and an app in LA

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 15:57:49 EDT 2006

Another interesting setup is the one I just completed two minutes ago.

Using Alex Tweedly's UDP Client and Server stacks they are sending messages
to each other without 'looking' to my FTP server.

I do the same thing as you with the intermediary file server being a Mac set
to FTP with a second user login.  Works fine, works fast, has limits.

I have subscribed to a company data service that only uses UDP, so another
frontier for me.  I believe the main requirement is that the 'server' app be
at a static IP.   Now the 'send' command connects directly.

Of course, Alex is the guru here.

Good luck, and hopefully you will post your answer.  I might be in the same
situation in the next few months.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

PS  Go to RevOnline, User Spaces, 'alextweedly', and they are both there.