images in cross-platform stacks

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed May 17 11:05:57 EDT 2006

Tereza Snyder wrote:

> On May 17, 2006, at 1:05 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Fireworks, eh?  One more thing I like about you. :)
>
> Actually, Richard, way back at the dawn of time (1997?, 98?) I
> recommended Fireworks to you when you asked on the list. You had just
> switched from Supercard to MetaCard if I recall. I've been using
> Fireworks since its first public beta, though I must say I'm
> disappointed in its last update (since MacroMedia was swallowed by
> Adobe).

I was slow on the uptake.  I didn't really dive into FW until a year
later, when a local database contractor recommended it to me.  Every
time I use it I'm at glad I'm doing so, but also a bit embarrassed about
the lost productivity for all the time before I picked it up. :)

Sure, it's possible to drive a nail with a screwdriver, and the
screwdriver can even be outfitted with a hammer head to make it a bit
easier.  But it sure is nice to use a tool designed from the ground up
specifically for the job of making UIs.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal