QT path issues

Thierry Arbellot thierry.arbellot at laposte.net
Wed May 17 02:45:50 EDT 2006

On 2006, May 16, , at 20:36, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Thierry Arbellot wrote:
>> I've developed a workaround for this problem, and made a sample
>> stack. You can use it freely.
>> http://www.digital-salade.com/toki/download/player.rev
>> Tested with "ƒ" and it works.
>
> Indeed it does -- thank you!
>
> It's frightening that it takes a 7k script to work around this
> problem, but impressive that you were able to identify the root issue
> and solve it so completely.  Good job.
>
> If you come to Malta for ERC the first round's on me. :)
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Managing Editor, revJournal
>  Rev tips, tutorials and more: http://www.revJournal.com

Not completely, it doesn't work with double byte characters, like
Korean and Japanese.
I found this solution by opening a movie in Firefox and copying the
encoded URL into the player filename.
It should be a better solution, without transcoding table, and shorter
script, but I was not able to find it.
If someone can make it work with Korean characters, I will be very
interested.

And unfortunately, I will not be available to come to Malta. I wish we
will have the chance to meet somewhere in LA or Paris and have a drink.

Cheers,
Thierry